- noun the matter or surface on which an organism lives
Cars & Driving
- An underlying material that supports or is bonded to another material on its surface.
- The base layer, or other surface upon which something is deposited, etched, attached, or otherwise prepared or fabricated. A substrate also provides physical support and insulation. For example, the base film of a magnetic tape, or the plastic base of a compact disc.
- A substrate (1) utilized in the manufacturing of circuits and microcircuits. Such a substrate may be made, for instance, of ceramic, plastic, glass, or a semiconductor material. An active substrate has active elements, such as transistors, formed directly on it, while passive substrates have components mounted upon them.
- noun a surface on which text or illustrations are printed
- noun card or board used for making boxes