- verb to prevent electrical interference from affecting a radio signal
Information & Library Science
- verb to prevent something from being known or done
- verb to hide documents
- verb to prevent evidence being given
- verb to reduce the action of something completely, e.g. to remove a symptom or to stop the release of a hormone
- verb to fire at an enemy force in order to prevent them using their weapons.
- verb to use violent means to stop opposition to a government or the publication of views which support opposition to a government