- noun a person who guarantees that someone will do something
- noun deeds, share certificates, etc., deposited as security for a loan
- An individual or company that provides a bond or pledge to guarantee that another individual or company will perform in accordance with the terms of an agreement or contract.
- noun somebody who guarantees that someone will do something, especially by paying to guarantee that someone will keep the peace
- noun something such as money, deeds or share certificates deposited as security for a loan