- noun a mass of white foam coming onto a beach on large waves
- verb to ride on large waves coming onto a beach on a surf board
- verb to explore a website looking at the webpages in no particular order, but simply moving between pages using the links
- Abbreviation of surf the net, or surf the Internet. To navigate from one place to another on a network such as the Internet. When surfing, a user may be looking for something specific, such as research material, news items, a place to exchange impressions, or one may simply follow hyperlinks from Web page to Web page aimlessly.
Information & Library Science
- verb to browse through a database
- verb to go on the Internet and look at a variety of different websites for recreation, education or entertainment
- noun a line of breaking waves along a shore, or the foam from breaking waves