- noun a liquid with solid particles in it, not settling to the bottom nor floating on the surface
- noun an act of stopping something for a time
- noun the act of state of hanging freely from a point
Cars & Driving
- noun a system of springs, arms and dampers which supports the body of a vehicle and insulates it and its occupants from road shocks transmitted by the wheels
- noun a mixture of fine, non-settling particles of any solid within a liquid or gas
- noun the act of stopping someone working for a time
- Any device or system which serves to cushion objects from vibrations, jolts, shocks, or other movements. A suspension also provides structural support to that which is cushions.
- A mixture in which macroscopically visible solid particles are present in a liquid or gas, but do not float nor settle on the bottom of the vessel. Also, the solid particles so suspended.
- A device or structure which serves to attach a speaker to the basket.
- A fine wire that supports the moving element of a meter, such as that in a moving-coil galvanometer.
- noun a punishment by which someone has to leave a place for a time