- noun the grammatical rules for putting words together into phrases.
- In a natural language, the rules which describe how words and phrases are combined to form expressions and sentences. Such rules are taken into account, for instance, in voice recognition programs.
- The rules which determine how statements are formed, so as to be understood by a given computer program.
Information & Library Science
- noun a term in linguistics to describe the grammatical structure of a language
- noun the study of grammatical structure in language