- noun the process of combining things to form a whole
- noun the process of producing a compound by a chemical reaction
- noun the process of producing something artificially from a number of smaller elements
- The proper combination of elements, components, substances, and so on, to form a given whole. Examples include the synthesis of digital speech, musical sounds, circuits with a given response, or chemical compounds.
- noun the process of combining different ideas or objects into a new whole
- noun a new unified whole resulting from the combination of different ideas or objects
- noun the formation of compounds through chemical reactions involving simpler compounds or elements
- noun in psychiatry, the fusing together of all the various elements of the personality