General English


  • noun a graphics pad or flat device which allows a user to input graphical information into a computer by drawing on its surface


  • An input device which serves for sketching or tracing images directly into a computer. It consists of an electronic pressure-sensitive surface which senses the position of the stylus which makes contact with it. The stylus, or puck, is similar to a mouse, but is much more accurate, because its location is determined by touching the active surface of the tablet with an absolute reference. Used, for instance, in computer-aided design. Also called touch tablet, digitizing tablet, graphics tablet, or digitizer (2).


  • noun a small flat round object containing medicine that is taken by swallowing
  • noun any tablet, pill or capsule taken by swallowing