- A mechanism for moving materials, including raising or lowering them on a rope and pulley block.
- noun a short form of the humorous euphemism wedding tackle (the male genitals). Tackle alone was used in this sense from the 18th century, if not earlier.
- noun heroin. An item of prison slang.
- noun in football, hockey and some other games, a physical challenge against an opposing player who has the ball, puck, or other object of possession
- noun the equipment used for a specialised activity such as angling or rock climbing
- noun a lineman positioned between a guard and an end, or the position of such a player
- verb to make a physical challenge against an opposing player who has possession of the ball, puck or other object of play