- phrasal verb to pull something out
- phrasal verb to invite someone to go out
(written as take-out)the act of removing capital which you had originally invested in a new company by selling your shares
Information & Library Science
- verb to borrow a book from a library
- verb to remove something from a text, e.g. a potentially libellous statement
- verb to kill or destroy. A military euphemism which came to public notice in the USA during the Vietnam War. The term was subsequently appropriated for use in the context of crime and law enforcement.