- noun a tax to be paid on imported goods.
- noun a duty or duties levied by a government on imported or sometimes exported goods
- noun a rate of charging for something such as electricity, hotel rooms, or train tickets
- A system or structure which establishes how services, such as those provided by telephone or power companies, are charged.
(written as Tariff)Sometimes used as a term for the weights on 'dimensions' in a measure of health-related quality of life.
Information & Library Science
- noun a charge made for goods or services
- noun the minimum period of time which a life prisoner must serve in prison
- noun a tax on goods brought into or taken out of a country
- noun the rate of charging for electricity, hotel rooms, train tickets, etc.
- abbreviationimport tax
(written as Tariff)