- noun a special group of workers or managers who are chosen to carry out a special job or to deal with a special problem
- noun a US combined arms grouping based on an infantry or tank battalion
- noun a large combined arms grouping formed for a specific operation or campaign
- noun an outdated British army term for an armoured brigade
- noun a group organised for a special purpose
- noun in the European Union, a group which organises work affecting more than one Directorate-General
- noun a report from a publisher to a bookseller, showing that a book will be sent soon.