- verb to give someone a task to do
- noun a job which is to carried out by a computer
- A cohesive, individual unit of work that is part of the total work needed to accomplish a project.
- well-defined component of project work; a discrete work item. There are usually multiple tasks for one activity.
- A piece of work, or a step or process within a given piece of work.
- In a multitasking environment, an independently running program or subprogram.
Information & Library Science
- noun a job that has to be done
- noun a single piece of work that someone has to do