- noun a data transfer protocol used in networks and communications systems, often used in UNIX-based networks. This protocol is used for all communications over the internet.
- Abbreviation of transmission control Protocol over Internet Protocol. A set of protocols which enable different types of computer systems to communicate via different types of computer networks. TCP works at the transport layer within the OSI model, while IP does so at the network layer. The TCP/IP suite may include other protocols, such as UDP, or RTSP. It is currently the most widely used protocol for delivery of data over networks, including the Internet. Also called TCP/IP protocol.
- acronym forTransmission Control Protocol over Internet Protocol
- acronym fortransmission control protocol/internet protocol
- acronym fortransmission control protocol/interface program