- noun a method of combining several signals into one high-speed transmission carrier, each input signal being sampled in turn and the result transmitted to a the receiver which re-constructs the signals.
- acronym fortime division multiplexing
- acronym fortime-division multiplexing
- acronym fortime-division multiplex
- acronym fortime-division multiplexer
- The transmitting of multiple signals over a single transmission path utilizing time-division multiplexing. Its abbreviation is TDM.
- A circuit or device which combines signals in time-division multiplexing. Also spelled time-division multiplexor. Its abbreviation is TDM.