- noun the use or study of industrial or scientific skills
- noun the use of scientific knowledge to develop machines and techniques for use in industry
- noun machines and techniques developed using scientific knowledge
- noun the study and use of the mechanical arts or applied sciences
- noun the process of applying scientific knowledge to industrial processes
- noun the application of human knowledge to create machines and methods which improve products and their production and marketing
- The application of science, engineering, and other areas of expertise to the creation and improvement of that which is utilized for commerce and/or industry.
- A specific technological method, technique, use, or approach utilized in manufacturing, software development, communications, analysis, miniaturization, and so on. For example, CMOS technology, object oriented technology, electrotech-nology, fiber-optic technology, fingerprint recognition technology, or nanotechnology.