- noun the process of linking video, audio, and computer signals from different locations so that distant people can talk and see each other, as if in a conference room
- A conference in which participants at more than one site can interact in real-time. Such a conference may incorporate audio, video, written chat, shared files and applications, and so on. Also called real-time conferencing.
- noun the use of telephone or television channels to connect people in different locations in order to conduct group discussions, meetings, conferences, or courses
Information & Library Science
- noun the act of several people using a telephone network to speak to each other at the same time
- noun a system of video conferencing that uses a restricted band of frequencies and allows participants to be connected by telephone lines