- noun the study of the processes involved in interaction of all data processing and communications devices such as computers and networks
- Acronym for telecommunication informatics. The use of computers along with telecommunications systems. Examples include the utilization of PDAs to send and receive email, finding a location using a GPS receiver in an automobile, or the use of such a system to keep track of a subway train system.
- synonymtelecommunication informatics
Information & Library Science
- noun the study of the processes involved in the long-distance transmission of computer data
- noun the technology that allows computer data to be sent from one terminal to another via a telephone line