- An obsolescent communications service using devices such as teletypewriters to exchange messages using telephone lines.
- A device utilized to send or receive messages via telex (1). Also called telex terminal.
- A message sent or received via telex (1).
Information & Library Science
- noun a system of sending international messages using telephone lines, where the text is typed on one machine and immediately printed out at the receiving end
- noun a communications system using teleprinters that communicate via telephone lines