- noun an area occupied and defended by an animal, which may be all or part of the animal’s home range
- noun the extent of the surface of the earth governed by a particular country, ruler, state, etc.
- noun an area of land over which a government has control
- noun the geographical area for which rights are bought (not necessarily a country)
- noun a field of knowledge, investigation or experience
- noun an area or region coming under the control or jurisdiction of a state or military force
- noun the area covered by a representation agreement or visited by a salesperson