- A chart consisting of special patterns with lines, geometric figures, and colors, which serve to test and adjust TV receivers. Such an image may be transmitted, for instance, by a TV broadcast station when there is otherwise no programming.
- A pattern, such as a Lissajous figure, which serves for testing.
- synonymtest card
- synonymtest chart
Information & Library Science
- noun a design which uses different textures and colours on a television screen to see if all the components are adjusted properly
- noun a pattern of colours, shapes etc. that is used in setting up and calibrating video equipment
- noun a geometric pattern with areas of different colours, transmitted by a television broadcasting organisation to help viewers to tune in their television sets for optimum reception