- noun the roughness or smoothness of a surface or substance
- noun a surface detail that is added to basic shapes
- The pattern or configuration apparent in an exposed surface, as of concrete or mortar, including roughness, streaking, striation, or departure from flatness.
- In referring to lumber, it is the grain of the wood.
- In computer graphics, shading, graininess, reflections, and other attributes which are incorporated into an image to more authentically convey the appearance and feel of a real surface. Also, to add such texture.
- noun the quality in the structure of a food that makes it firm or soft or rough or smooth
- noun the way that something such as paper feels to the touch, the relative smoothness or roughness or its surface
- the quality of a wine that gives a thick, full-bodied sensation on the palate