- Process used to photograph heat being emitted from a structure. The photographs are in color, and the rate of heat loss related to particular colors.
- Acronym for thermal photography. Any method, such as infrared photography, in which infrared radiation is utilized to form images. Used, for instance, as a medical diagnostic technique. Also called thermal imaging.
- synonymthermal imaging
- synonymthermal photography
- noun a technique, used especially in screening for breast cancer, where part of the body is photographed using infrared rays which record the heat given off by the skin and show variations in the blood circulating beneath the skin
Information & Library Science
- noun a technique which uses a TV camera sensitive to heat rather than light to produce pictures