- adjective able to be recycled by heating and cooling
- noun a type of plastic which can be repeatedly softened by heating and formed into shapes
- noun a type of plastic which can be softened by heating then shaped, then softened again by heating
Cars & Driving
- noun plastic material with long chain-like molecules that can repeatedly be softened by heating and hardened by cooling; most plastic parts used on vehicles are made of thermoplastics
- Becoming soft when heated and hard when cooled.
- A material, such as polystyrene or polyethylene, which becomes softer when heated, and harder when cooled. A thermoplastic material may be able to undergo such cycles indefinitely without damage. Also called thermoplastic material.