- noun the amount of work done or of goods produced in a certain time
- The rate at which data is transmitted from one location to another. This may refer, for instance, to an internal pathway of a computer, or to a communications channel. Such a speed is usually expressed in some multiple of bits per second. Also called data throughput.
- The effective rate at which a CPU processes data. Throughput takes into account factors such as processing speed, the rate at which data is transferred between the CPU and peripherals, the specific application being utilized, and so on.
- The speed or rate at which something is outputted or completed.
Information & Library Science
- noun the amount of information processed in a given period of time
- noun the amount of work done, number of passengers who pass through or number of customers served