- The time interval between two events.
- The time interval an event is postponed. Also, the act of postponing.
- The time interval between the sending or emitting of a signal, and its reception or detection.
- The time interval necessary for a signal to pass through a circuit, device, or medium. This includes any additional time the signal is retarded, as with the use of a delay line.
- The time interval between the instants at which a given point of a wave passes through two specified points of a transmission medium.
- The time interval between the powering of a circuit or device, and its starting to operate.
- synonymtime lag
- noun a delay which takes place in the collection of economic data, or in taking policy decisions dependent on economic data
Information & Library Science
- noun a period of waiting between two related events