- noun a device which records the time taken for an operation to be completed
- An instrument or device utilized to measure time intervals, such as those occurring between events, or that required to complete a given operation.
- A timer (1) that controls the duration of a pulse, operation, event, process, or the like.
- A timer (1) utilized to power, or otherwise activate a circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, mechanism, process, or the like.
- A timer (1) utilized for synchronization purposes.
Information & Library Science
- noun a device which can be set or pre-set to measure the time taken to do an activity
- noun a device for arming or initiating an improvised explosive device (IED) at a pre-set time