- noun an allowable variation in something which can be measured
- noun the ability of an organism to accept something, or not to react to something
Cars & Driving
- noun the difference between the permissible maximum size and the permissible minimum size of a measured quantity
- The permitted variation from a given dimension or quantity.
- The range of variation permitted in maintaining a specified dimension.
- A permitted variation from location or alignment.
- The maximum permissible deviation, error, or other variation in a property, value, setting, dimension, or the like. For instance, distortion tolerance, frequency tolerance, the greatest allowable error in a reading displayed by a measurement instrument, or the maximum fluctuations in the voltage supplied by an AC power line which do not impair the function of fed devices or equipment.
- The tolerance (1) relative to a given nominal, standard, or desired value.
- noun the ability of the body to tolerate a substance or an action
- noun an allowance made for something to deviate in size from a standard, or the limit within which it is allowed to deviate
- noun the loss of or reduction in the usual response to a drug or other agent as a result of use or exposure over a prolonged period