- noun a finely powdered, usually black ink, used in laser printers. It is transferred onto paper by electrical charge and then fixed permanently to the paper by heating.
- An ink, usually in powdered form, which is used, for instance, in laser printers and copiers.
Information & Library Science
- noun dry ink powder put into a photocopier to develop the image on the copy
- noun a chemical solution used in photograph development
- noun ink in powder or liquid form for a photocopier or computer printer