General English

General Science

  • noun a finely powdered, usually black ink, used in laser printers. It is transferred onto paper by electrical charge and then fixed permanently to the paper by heating.


  • An ink, usually in powdered form, which is used, for instance, in laser printers and copiers.

Information & Library Science

  • noun dry ink powder put into a photocopier to develop the image on the copy

Media Studies

  • noun a chemical solution used in photograph development
  • noun ink in powder or liquid form for a photocopier or computer printer