- noun a way in which the various elements in a network are interconnected
- In telecommunications, the physical layout of the network.
- For a communications network, the arrangement of the nodes and their interconnections. common topologies include bus, ring, and star. Network topologies may be physical or logical. Also called network topology.
- The manner in which something is physically laid out. For example, the physical layout of the conductors in a circuit.
Information & Library Science
- noun the relationships between parts linked together in a system such as a computer network