- noun the process of cutting the leaves and stems from the sugar beet root. It must be done accurately, as overtopping reduces yield.
- A layer of concrete or mortar placed to form a floor surface on a concrete base.
- A structural, cast-in-place surface for precast floor and roof systems.
- The mixture of marble chips and matrix that, when properly processed, produces a terrazzo surface.
- Any covering such as breadcrumbs, grated cheese, sweet or savoury sauces, cream, etc. placed on the surface of a prepared dish as a garnish or decoration or as an integral part of the dish