- noun a computer display which allows the user to control the cursor position by touching the screen
- noun a computer display which has a grid of infrared transmitters and receivers, positioned on either side of the screen used to control a cursor position
- A computer screen that detects where contact is made upon it. Any of various technologies may be used. For example, such a screen may have an overlay which is coated with a thin electrically conductive grid which detects changes in an electrical parameter, such as resistance or capacitance, when touched. Such screens, may be used, for instance, to make selections and the like on displays at kiosks, in early-childhood learning centers, or on PDAs. Also called touch-sensitive screen, touch-sensitive display, or touch-sensitive monitor.
- synonymtouch-sensitive display
- synonymtouch-sensitive monitor
Information & Library Science
- noun a computer display screen which is sensitive to touch and will react when touched according to pre-programmed information