tractor feed




  • A method or mechanism for moving papers, or other appropriate mediums, through a printer by using pins which are mounted on wheels on each side of the printer. The medium being utilized must have holes which match the pins. This contrasts with a friction feed, in which the medium is advanced while pinched between rollers.

Information & Library Science

  • noun a method of controlling paper feed by the use of holes on the edge of the paper and sprockets on the printer