- noun the transfer of genetic information from DNA to molecules of messenger RNA, which subsequently control protein synthesis
- noun the first step in the replication of a retrovirus in a host cell, in which its genetic code is transferred from RNA to a molecule of DNA
- The process of copying or transferring data from one medium to another, while performing the necessary conversions, such as those involving formatting, to the new medium. Also, the result of such a process.
- The process of recording for future use. Also, the recording so made.
Information & Library Science
- noun the act of transcribing data or copying a text
- noun the act of copying something written, or of putting something spoken into written form
- noun the first step in carrying out genetic instructions in living cells, in which the genetic code is transferred from DNA to molecules of messenger RNA, which then direct protein manufacture