Cars & Driving
- noun the transference of motive force or power
- noun the drive train system from clutch to final drive
- noun the process of sending signals from one device to another
- A gear set or similar device that permits changes in the speed/power ratio and/or direction of rotation.
- The process by which incident light leaves an object or surface from a side other than that which receives the light.
- The transportation of bulk electricty from the generator to the substation.
- The act or process of conveying a signal or any form of information, such as data, from one location to another, via wires, optical cables, waveguides, electromagnetic waves, acoustic waves, or any other means of communication.
- A specific instance of transmission (1) or transmission (2).
- The signal, data, or other information conveyed via a transmission (1) or transmission (2).
- The broadcasting of TV signals.
- noun a radio or television broadcast.
- noun something transmitted, e.g. a radio signal
- noun the act or process of transmitting something, especially radio signals, radio or television broadcasts or data
- noun an act of sending a radio signal
- noun the part of the mechanism of a vehicle which passes the power from the engine to the wheels
- Doctors' shorthand for medical treatment. Cf Rx.