- verb to send something somewhere else
- verb to pass on a disease to another animal or plant
- verb to send out a radio signal
- verb to send information from one device to another, using any medium such as radio, cable or wire link
- To transfer something from one entity to another. For example, to cause a disturbance to propagate through a given medium, or for energy to be transferred from one body to another.
- To allow particles and/or energy to pass through a given material or medium. For example, for light to pass through the atmosphere.
- To transfer a signal or any form of information, such as data, from one location to another, via wires, optical cables, waveguides, air, or another medium, using electromagnetic waves, acoustic waves, or any other means of communication.
- To transmit (3) data.
- To broadcast TV signals.
Information & Library Science
- verb to send out information from one device to another by radio waves, cable or wire links
- verb to broadcast a radio or television programme
- verb to send a signal by radio waves, satellite or wire
- verb to pass something such as a message or a disease