• A glazed or solid panel over a door or window, usually hinged and used for ventilation. The transom and bar may be removable for passage of large objects.

Real Estate

  • noun a horizontal beam or stone above a window that supports the structure above
  • noun a crosspiece over a door or between the top of a door and a window above
  • noun a crossbar of wood or stone that divides a window horizontally