- noun the act of testing something
- noun a test carried out to see if something works well
- noun a court case to judge a person accused of a crime
- noun a test to see if something is good
- verb to test a product to see how good it is
- Term commonly applied to an action in a court of law.
(written as Trial)Trials are generally tests of the efficacy of public health or interventions that may or may not be clinical but in which an experimental and a control group are compared.
Information & Library Science
- noun a test of somebody or something to see if they are suitable for a particular situation
- noun a criminal or civil court case heard before a judge
- noun a process of testing something such as a drug or treatment to see how effective it is, especially before allowing it to be used generally
- verb to test something as part of a trial
- noun a sports competition or preliminary test to select candidates for a later competition