- A short beam that supports one or more joists or beams at an opening in the floor.
- A beam or joist inserted in a floor on the long side of a stair opening and supporting a header.
- Shaped ceramic tile used as bases, caps, corners, moldings, and angles.
- noun a fast ball of exceptional quality, especially one that clips the bails without disturbing the stumps
Citation ‘He was invited to play for Middlesex against the University and took six for 13… One of his victims was Hubert Ashton, the Cambridge captain, bowled by a trimmer’ (J. J. Warr, ‘A portrait of “Gubby”’, Wisden 1987)
- In a radio receiver, an adjustable capacitor inserted in parallel with a larger capacitor, and which is utilized for fine-tuning adjustments. Also called trimmer capacitor (1), or trimming capacitor (1).
- An adjustable capacitor utilized for making fine adjustments. Also called trimmer capacitor (2), or trimming capacitor (2).
- A component, such as an adjustable capacitor or resistor, utilized for making fine adjustments.
- synonymtrimming capacitor
- noun a machine that cuts the edges of the pages of a book as it is being bound.