Cars & Driving
- verb to tune an engine for peak performance
- verb to make small adjustments to a program or hardware to improve performance
- To make fine adjustments, such as those performed when calibrating or tuning.
- verb to suffer physical symptoms of drug withdrawal. This 1980s term evokes the irritation and spasmodic nature of drug-induced distress, as well as recalling words such as ‘twitch’ and ‘weak’.
- verb to adjust or fine-tune. A piece of jargon applied to motor mechanics and computers, for instance.