- A soldering process, usually performed without a flux, wherein unwanted surface films are removed from the base metal by transmitting high frequency sounds through molten solder, resulting in a more effective welding of the base metal with the solder.
- soldering in which ultrasonic waves join surfaces, without the generation of heat. Used, for instance, for surfaces which can not, or should not be heated. Also called ultrasonic sealing (1).
- Soldering which is enhanced by ultrasonic waves. The ultrasonic vibrations help remove oxides and otherwise better prepare a surface for soldering, making a flux unnecessary.
- synonymultrasonic sealing
- The use of ultrasonic soldering (1) to seal materials, such as thermoplastics.