- noun an organisation which links almost all the countries of the world to promote good relations between them
- noun an international organisation including almost all sovereign states in the world, where member states are represented at meetings
Information & Library Science
- noun an international organisation to which most countries in the world belong, which works towards peace in the world and solving international problems.
- noun an international organization dedicated to the promotion of world peace, and able to call upon its member states to contribute military forces for international peacekeeping operations.
- noun an organisation of nations that was formed in 1945 to promote peace, security, and international cooperation.