- The condition where a maximum effect has not been attained, thus any additional increase in the causative variable may achieve additional results.
- For a magnetic material, the condition in which an increase in magnetizing force will still produce an increase in magnetization.
- In an electron tube, the condition in which the anode current can be further increased by applying an additional voltage.
- A color which has a white component. white light is 100% unsaturated.
- A chemical solution, such as an electrolyte, which does not contain the maximum amount of a substance that it can dissolve in equilibrium.