- noun a master file which has been made up -to date by adding new material
- noun a piece of printed information which is an up-to-date revision of earlier information
- noun a new version of a system which is sent to users of the existing system
- verb to change or add to specific data in a master file so as to make the information up -to date
- To revise the estimate, schedule, or other planning deliverable to reflect the most current information on the project.
- To make a change in an existing file or data, especially to make it more current.
- A newer version of an existing program or software package. Each update has a higher version number than the last.
Information & Library Science
- noun a news item which has the latest information on a topic already covered
- verb to give someone fresh information