- verb to make improvements to a herd by repeated crossing with superior males
- verb to increase the importance of someone or of a job
- verb to make a system more powerful or more up -to date by adding new equipment or facilities
- A newer version of software and/or hardware. For example, an update, or the replacement of a CPU with a newer model.
- To add power, speed, capacity, or the like, to existing hardware. For example, to increase RAM to 2 GB from 512 MB.
- To perform or install an upgrade (1) or upgrade (2).
Information & Library Science
- verb to improve something by bringing it up to date or adding more modern equipment
- verb to regrade a job, giving it a higher salary scale
- noun the act of moving a passenger to a better class of seat, without making him or her pay extra
- noun work done to make facilities more luxurious or more modern