- noun the cost of keeping a building or machine in good order
- noun the process of keeping data up-to-date
- noun the process of keeping devices in working order
- All activities which are performed to help insure the proper operation of components, circuits, devices, equipment, and systems. Maintenance is usually either preventive or corrective, and may includes tests, adjustments, cleaning, and replacements. In the case of software, for instance, maintenance may involve updating or debugging. Also called maintenance.
Information & Library Science
- noun the act and cost of keeping buildings, equipment and services in good condition