- noun the process of checking if something is correct
- noun the process of checking that data has been keyboarded correctly or that data transferred from one medium to another has been transferred correctly
- The process of ascertaining or confirming the accuracy, correctness, or truth of something. For example, the verification that data has been entered correctly into a database.
Information & Library Science
- noun the act of checking that something is true and accurate
- noun the process of establishing if something is accurate or true