- Energetic agitation of freshly mixed concrete during placement by mechanical devices, either pneumatic or electric, that create vibratory impulses of moderately high frequency that assist in evenly distributing and consolidating the concrete in the formwork.
- A mechanical displacement of an object or body around a set point, a given value, an average value, or between two extreme values. For example, a swinging pendulum, a musical string which has been plucked, or a tuning fork which has been struck.
- The periodic variation of a physical quantity or object around a set point, a given value, an average value, or between two extreme values. For instance, AC, the movement of a pendulum, or the states of an astable multivibrator. Such vibration may be desired, as in that of a crystal utilized as a frequency standard, or unwanted, as in hunting. Also called oscillation (1).
- A single variation, movement, or cycle during vibration (1), or vibration (2).
- Oscillatory motion of particles such as atoms or molecules. For example, that which occurs when they absorb energy.