- A device utilized to display the images generated by a computer, TV, oscilloscope, radar, camera, or other similar device with a visual output. It incorporates the viewing screen and its housing. A specific example is a CRT. Also called monitor (1), display (1), display device, or display monitor.
- A video monitor (1) utilized to present the output of a computer. Also called monitor (2).
- synonymvideo display
- noun a device able to display, without sound, video signals from a computer
- noun a television-like screen which only plays back a video feed, sometimes without sound
- noun a device able to display signals from a TV camera, which are then recorded onto video tape
- noun a device which can display text or graphical information, e.g. a CRT
- noun a device that can display text or graphical information, e.g. a cathode ray tube