- noun text or images or graphics viewed on television or a monitor
- Consisting of, or pertaining to images or sequences of images presented via a display device such as a TV, computer monitor, radar, or cell phone. The term usually includes any audio accompanying said images. Video consists of true motion which is divided into still frames, while animation is the simulation of movement using a properly sequenced set of pictures.
- Consisting of, or pertaining to images or sequences of images presented via a TV. Although the term usually refers to the visual portion of a TV signal or presentation, it may also refer to the accompanying sound.
- Pertaining to, utilizing, or resulting from signals at video frequencies.
- data which is in a format suitable for displaying images or sequences of images via a device such as a computer monitor.
Information & Library Science
- noun a recording on video tape
- verb to film something using a video camera
- noun the visual part of a television broadcast
- noun something that has been recorded on videotape, especially a feature film or a short promotional film made to accompany a newly issued pop record
- noun the industry of recording and broadcasting visual information and entertainment, especially that which can be viewed on a television
- noun videotape, or a video cassette
- noun a system which records and shows pictures on a television screen